Friday 17 April 2015

You Must Win

When the year began, I shared with you that I was choosing to stay hopeful in spite of all that had happened in my life. As I wrote, I never knew that in less than a week I would be laying my little niece to rest. It was a devastating experience for my family and definitely not the way to start a new year. But you know, we are still staying hopeful. My prayer has been that God will not allow our hope to be cut off. You see, sometimes life can deal you blow after blow, after blow... but our victory in God is guaranteed. It is like a match that has been fixed- however many punches the enemy throws, we are guaranteed to win. 

Rachel Johnston Photography
A little while ago someone read through my blog and decided to write me a lengthy message whose summary was: Stop believing in God.  Ordinarily my first instinct would have been anger, and self-defense. I would have retaliated in an equally lengthy manner...but instead my heart broke for him, because you see, the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are lost and are perishing. I cling on to God despite everything I may have lost because I when I look back I see that what I have gained is so much more... I also know that these trials, the testing of my faith is only for a moment. 
I am not besotted, drunk on false hope and clinging to a nonexistent possibility.  This is not a monumental effort; this is as real as it gets.

For anyone who is reading this and feeling that they have been standing in the rain too long, hear me say: it will subside. The best thing about winter, is that spring is coming. The best thing about darkness is that the dawn awaits. The best thing about mourning is that joy is guaranteed.  God is about to turn things around for you...do you perceive it?

From my heart to yours,
Kambua M.



17 comments:

  1. Yes I perceive it Kambua, in Jesus name. Thank you for another new post. I'm encouraged and may the LORD always encourage you too. BARAKA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. thank you for the wise words. God bless you Kambua

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kambua, you really inspire us a lot. Barikiwa sana. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is forever faithful happy and encouraging read be blessed my dear

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks kambua you are always ma inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen...I'm so blessed by your blogs.God bless u dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love reading your blog! very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen! I perceive it. It won't always be like this. The Lord will perfect that concerning me, and you too Kambua. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks Kambua for your inspiring messages. may God continue to bless you to inspire the more. BLESSINGS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an inspiration may God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  11. am greatly encouraged God bless you kambua

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pain is never meant to break us but to make us strong. Amen siz and God's blessings be upon you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The message has come at the right time,James 1.Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thats the most encouraging part when ones hope is entirely on God. Like Shadrach Meshach and Abednego answered to king Nebucaddnezzar that EVEN IF GOD WON'T COME TO THEIR RESCUE, THERES NO WAY THEY WERE GOING TO BOW TO THE KINGS GOLDEN IDOL.

    Theres no way we are gonna bow to the patterns of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, hun, I am so sorry for your loss. In October we lost my Father-in-law . my heart is with you. I am finding that I can get real with God about my emotions. I do not know if you have access to this Bible Application I use but if you can download it, it is called Youversion. I believe in the Google play store it is called Bible. This application has been a great help to me. It is by Life church.tv if I am recalling correctly. Will continue to lift you and your family members in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The last time I was here was in early 2014, when you were stillin kubamba, then I was a devout christian, read my scriptures, prayed fervently and went to church religously. Fast forward to today I've backsliden so many times I lost count. I don't know how you stay grounded but I've realised that you once you taste salvation there is nothing like it, you just keep coming back.

    ReplyDelete

If you were encouraged by this article, kindly consider sharing it!