Sunday 3 January 2016

#JustEnough

As clear as day, I remember how the year 2015 started. I was with one of my friends counting down to the new year- fireworks lit the sky and my spirit soared with each explosion! In the most dramatic, animated manner we waved goodbye to the hard year that had been 2014! We were done, done, DONE with it, and ready to take on 2015 with renewed zeal and hope. "Good bye 2014"!, we shouted...Good bye!


There is so much I would like to say about the year 2015, but I will spare you the details. I will say this though- it was definitely not what I had hoped it would be. It would seem as though the giants were bigger, the mountains were higher, and the valleys were much, much deeper than I anticipated. Deflated. That is the word that adequately describes how I felt for the most part last year. And yet as I look back, ponder, reflect and soul-search, I cannot deny the unmistakable presence of God in my life. He has been there...in the details...giving me enough light each step of the way. A wise woman once gave me an illustration of how when you carry a lamp at night, it lights up the area around your feet. Everything else remains engulfed in darkness, but as you keep moving, you find enough light for every step. That is exactly what God was to me all of last year- a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path. 2015 was the year of 'just enough'. Just enough grace...just enough light...just enough joy...just enough money...just enough...just enough for every moment, and every day. I felt like the children of Israel, wandering through the wilderness, lost and confused, yet knowing that there was provision for them every day. God provided manna for them. It was enough for every meal and they could not store it up for the next day. They had to trust that He, Jehovah Jireh, their provider would meet their need at every point.


Emmanuel Jambo Photography
2015 taught me how to depend on God with everything I have. It taught me that my sanity, my integrity, and my existence is all pegged on Him, and without Him I am, and have absolutely nothing.

As I have prayed for myself I have also prayed for you beloved, that your hope will not be cut off. That you will receive the blessing of a new year with open arms in spite of all the pain, heartache, and disappointment you may have experienced the last couple of months.

Dear God,

Thank you for the precious gift of life that you have given in abundance. Thank you for every need that you met in the past year, and every prayer that you answered. As hard as it is, I also thank you for the doors that remained shut, and the opportunities that slipped through. Thank you for the times when I felt betrayed by people I trusted, because those times pointed me to you- a friend who sticks closer than a brother. God I pray for everyone reading this who may have had a difficult year. May their strength be renewed. I pray that you put a new song in their mouth, and a fresh spring in their step. May we not be blind-sided by any form of disappointment, and miss out on what you are already doing- a new thing; a beautiful thing! Thank you for another year. A new chance to serve you and bring you honor. 
In your mighty, matchless, name I pray,

Amen.









26 comments:

  1. You have really encouraged me my sister.As we entered new year I could not find anything to appreciate since year comes and goes and still everything in my life is stagnant;but you have given me a reason to be grateful and be thankful.I just pray that God will help me to see things in a greater picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He will help you, Murage. He is and has always been a Faithful God. Just trust Him some more. Shalom!

      Delete
  2. Great read sister gal. May God give you more than enough during this season in Jesus Name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very encouraging Kambua. He's the God of all seasons and has made everything beautiful in its time. Whatever dreams and aspirations that have not come to pass, thank God because he knows what's best for us, what he promised shall come to pass in His time.

    After Abraham was given the promise of a son, It took 25years for the promise to come to pass. The promise still stood during the waiting period and the waiting dint make God a liar.

    Our God is ever faithful, ever true, he orders our steps and he's promised never to leave or forsake us. We have hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Encouraging word there. It may seem to have lost trust in man and times with God but remember He forsakes you not. He knows why He has to allow certain things to happen in your life; all for the Glory of the most High. Remember He never sleeps and never slumbers but always handling you with much care not to fall off His presence but at times we Human beings choose to thinking that "God's grace is sufficient." For how long will we live "gracefy" God's grace?

    We need to step out of out comfort zone and let God guide us in His ways. He knows you better than you know yourself and plans greater things in life. ..

    God has kept you to this year because it's a season for you to trust in Him And See How Much He can do through you. Last year might have been hard but God is never moved by hard circumstances but by what He says and His promises in the word. Love Him, trust Him and test Him and see what much He can do but first make sure your path is straight with Him.
    Long for Righteousness.
    season word.
    God bless @kambua.m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Woman of God.I really needed this.Psalms 119:105 is my all time verse since my cadette days back in my AIC Church.happy new year be blessed to bless us more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Refreshing and inspiring words Kambua....happy new year God bless....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing..thanks Kambua I needed this

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing..thanks Kambua I needed this

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woa.
    U said it.
    Now lemme share.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woa.
    U said it.
    Now lemme share.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for such a beautiful post Kambua. A reminder of God'S grace,love and mercy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enter your comment...Thank u for inspiring a soul here.God bless u

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Kambua for sharing. Our God is faithful and understands us and our needs more than we do. There is nowhere else we'd rather be than in His presence.Be encouraged,He will perfect all that which concerns you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Kambua for sharing. Our God is faithful and understands us and our needs more than we do. There is nowhere else we'd rather be than in His presence.Be encouraged,He will perfect all that which concerns you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So inspiring Kambua. Thanks for sharing and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So inspiring Kambua. Thanks for sharing and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What A Companion! What A Touchy Prayer! Oh Lord May Your Blessings Flourish Inside These Peoples Souls...

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amen and Amen! Thank you for the Post Kambua.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very encouraging, God bless you and give you strength and chance to inspire many

    ReplyDelete
  21. mama you been more than a blessing, each day getting to know more and more, and yeah seasons seasons will be there but that is just it, for God will be Just Enough. lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Kambua. I am inspired by your writing. Keep writing and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amen! I am ministered to. May God continue using you in this ministry Kambua. Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete

If you were encouraged by this article, kindly consider sharing it!