Monday 9 September 2013

Just Pull the Plug!



It is the innate nature of things to grow when they are fed, or else they die of starvation. Some things feed on dirt and scum…while other things find nourishment in pleasant things...others yet feed on the life of others, but whichever the case, animals, plants, dreams, ideas-  they all must be fed in order to grow.

Lately, I have been in a somewhat reflective, pensive space, and after some soul-searching and spending time talking to God I realized that I was simply feeling worn out by things I have willfully allowed to be a part of my life. They are like weeds that have grown over time and not until recently did I notice that they were choking the life out of my dreams, and suffocating my vision. Some of these proverbial weeds are in the form of friendships that have run their course, others are in the form of habits I have picked up along the way in an effort to fit in with people; to have a sense of belonging.
So I asked God to give me the courage to start a long-overdue damage control process, and the most amazing thing about allowing God to do the fixing is that when He’s done with you all that’s left are traces of His presence and an unmistakable mark of His glory on your life.

However, this ‘damage control’, I must admit, has not been easy. Sometimes I have tried to resist, then relented when I realized I was just postponing the inevitable, while other times- ouch!  It is just too painful, and I have to stop to catch my breath.  During this season I have asked for wisdom to know when to keep fighting for things, and when to walk away from them. It takes strength to do both.

I have also asked for the will power to resist all manner of temptation. God’s word says that he provides a way of escape whenever we are tempted. Meaning that we have no excuse to fall in to temptation by way of lying, bribing, fornicating, slandering, or allowing anything into our lives that breaks the heart of God. I came to the realization that I cannot truly say I love God when I keep pursuing the things that break His heart. He has paved a way of escape for each and every  one of us  without exception. 
Look around you; there is a way of escape. Take it, and don’t look back.

Dear God as you continue to help  me clean up my house, I pray that you do the same for anyone reading this who feels worn out and exhausted  by things they too have allowed to take root and bear fruit in their lives. For anyone who feels  that they may not survive the loneliness  that comes with walking the straight and narrow road…God I pray that you will give them a new and profound revelation of who you are, and how you give new strength for each passing day.
Thank you God for being the lifter of my head. Thank you for being my shield  and defense. Thank you for covering my shame. And for loving me through some of the most devastating seasons of my life, God I say, thank you. I am making a choice, right now, this day, at this moment, to honor the dreams you have given me and value the life you have blessed me with. To define my mission, and to keep running my own race.

As I share my journey with you beloved, I pray that you will see grace in my ruins, and that you will look past the mess, and into the beauty that God has traded my life for. As scary as it may be to let go of things that have defined you, if you trust the process to God, you will come out victorious.
Everything He has done for me, He can do for you, and more. Whatever has plagued you, mistakes you’ve made, terrible choices…everything that has tried to stifle your progress...the power is in your hands. Anything you feed, will grow, but if you cut off its supply, it will die.
So take a deep breath and do what I have chosen to do…just pull the plug!

Kambua M.

46 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Amen. May the Lord God Almighty help me 2 let go of everything that makes me hurt HIM. God give me the strength to resist the devil, to turn away from my evil ways n 2 repay evil with goodness. In Jesus Christ Mighty Name I pray. Amen.

      Kambua may the Lord God Almighty bless you so much 4 all your doing 4 the Glory n Honour of His HOLY Name. U have spoken 2 me n Prayed the prayer that i wouldnt have known how 2 make it. GBU.


      Delete
    2. May God bless you too, and bring to competion everything he began in your life!

      Delete
  2. Very nice n deep.God bless you for sharing your journey n as a result challanging n inspiring us .blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. Grace and peace to you in this season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kambua, Thank you. You are a blessing.
    Sylvie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen. Thankyou for sharing Kambua. You have no idea how significant this means to my life right now. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome. May the Lord bless you..k

      Delete
  6. Feel my gentle breeze blowing through your life even now. A breeze to bring change and to move some things and to add some things. For when you come to me with prayer or with a request, I begin to work right away. So often though you expect that I would suddenly come as a mighty hurricane to bring change and sometimes I do work this way. However, often I also work as a gentle continuous wind. Continual forces of change that will shift the sands in your life. In the desert the wind blows and with its continual movement, it shapes the sand dunes. It deposits some sand in one area and flattens another area. This is a picture of what I am doing in your life right now. I am adding to some areas and taking away from some areas. You will see the change in landscape soon, but be patient as my wind blows. Be at peace as I shift around the circumstances and the people. For I know the cry of your heart and I have heard your prayers. So I am working now towards answering those prayers. However for them to come to pass, some sands need to be shifted in your life. Some change must come. So be aware of that wind blowing in your life even now. See the subtle changes and the sudden new direction that comes to you and realize that everything I have taken you through is to bring you to this point in your life. So rejoice in me today child. Recognize my wind and see as I shift the sands in your life right now says the Lord. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is what i needed.been feeling like am past redemption ,yet weeds have overgrown my once sweet life.Lord help me stand again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! None of us are past redemption, the grace of God is sufficient. Be encouraged as you start over!k

      Delete
  8. Lovely piece. I truly identify with it. May God give us the strength to walk in His will

    ReplyDelete
  9. ur a blessing Kambua live long, may God give us sufficient Grace as we walk on His will.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well written, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woooow, this has made a sudden impact in my life, still reflecting on it. Kambua, may God continue using you in amazing ways in your writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To God be the glory! And may you continue to be encouraged...k

      Delete
  12. Great reading. GB. Be strong, and of good courage.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been waiting for this,its very true and indeed l needed this such a time as this,feeling strengthened and going back to the track,thank you kambua for being the Lord's vessel ready to be used

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen....to God be the glory! May He continue to strengthen and uphold you!k

      Delete
  14. Amen. Thanks for sharing and reminding me that i need to shake off those things that have so easily entangled me. Baraka

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy Quran says
    " Lillahe ma fis samawate wa ma fil arz. Means whatever is on earths and whatever is on skies, that belong to Allah (you call as God). We must pray to Allah for all we need. There is nobody else who can help us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I respect you and your views/beliefs. But you also need to understand that I am a Christian and my faith is in JESUS CHRIST. May you be blessed in all you do.k

      Delete
  16. Beautiful piece..well-written and deep.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing this lovely message Kambua..blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Though we are miles away my sister dearest, I praise God for how He permits us to be in perfect communion by the power of His Holy Spirit.
    My sister dearest, permit me to testify to this, you wrote by affirming that our God Lord has been majorly house cleaning here since the beginning of this year. Oh my dear, I promise you that if you surrender to it all, beyond the pain that it sometimes inflicts are the strength, peace and profound joy that comes from it. With it comes the clarity to focus on His purpose for us.
    I truly miss you

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet Kamua, please do not delete these comment.
    The teachings of Islam are not bad these r rather beneficial. The only question is its following in letter and spirit Those who say that they r muslim but do not respect humanity (on which main stress is given in holy Quran to respect it) are not muslim but are the wolves in the guize of human beings. They have given bad name to Islam. U might be aware that in America the fastest growing religion is Islam . Why are they illiterate or having no knowledge of other religions ? It is the spirit of teachings which are prevailing there.Kambua , my sweet Kambua plrase please study the teachings of Islam(not islam which the barberic people pose to be this)for the sake of knowledge. We have faith in Jesus Christ also. We study bible for the sake of knowledge. There r similarities in both the religions. The only spirit required is the tolerence and reliogious harmoney.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry I m Zainullah Khan and not Zainullag Khan

    ReplyDelete
  21. Any thing fresh in your mind. Please express

    ReplyDelete
  22. Assalam alaikum Brother Khan. Your comments on September 10th is typical of the religious dogma that prevents tolerance and religious harmony. The darkness in your heart was revealed by your comments. Let Allah be Allah and let God be God. Let Love be the bond between them and us. By the way, I am a Christian who happens to love my Muslim family members and have for over 42 years. May God bless you in the holy name of Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Deep and profound.God bless you daughter of the Most High.

    ReplyDelete

If you were encouraged by this article, kindly consider sharing it!