Tuesday 18 February 2014

He is right there



Well, it has been quite an intense couple of weeks on my end, so I’ll try to keep this short and precise. I have not been strong, at least not as I think I should be. But I am quickly learning that it’s ok not to be strong sometimes, because in my weakness I have found that God knows no limit, and his strength has no bounds. I have also found that God has surrounded me with the most amazing people; angels in disguise. They don’t always have the ‘right’ things to say, but they are there…constantly walking the journey of life with me. I am blessed, exceedingly and abundantly so. 

When Jesus says that He will never leave nor forsake you, He means just that. If it’s a storm you’re in, He’s right there. If it’s a fiery furnace, He’s in there too. Even when the wind blows hard and threatens your very existence, God is right there. The psalmist David said that even if he laid his bed in hell God was still there. Through hell and high water you are not alone, God is right there. 

When Daniel was thrown into a den of lions, the presence of God protected him. When the three Hebrew boys were thrown into a fiery furnace, God was there- the fourth man in the fire. When the children of Israel crossed the red sea in a panic, fearing that Pharaoh and his army would destroy them, God the master of the sea caused it to close in on Pharaoh and his entire army. By a miraculous move of God, your enemies can and will be silenced, and destroyed, but only if you keep your heart stayed on him. There is a way of escape for you. The walls are not closing in on you; the ceiling is not caving in on you- it’s caving in on the enemy of your soul. In every situation, the Lamb of God conquers triumphantly.

Photography by Rachel Johnston
Don’t be anxious about the tests and trials that come your way; this is the testing of your faith, and in the end it produces endurance, and God has built in you the capacity to endure.If you're reading this and feel like throwing in the towel, ask God for a renewal of your endurance, because it will carry you through the deepest seas. 

As for me, there’s light at the end of the tunnel, steadily growing and dispelling the darkness. May it be the same for you too beloved. May it be well with your soul. Keep holding on. Keep pressing on. Keep on believing that the author and finisher of your faith is well able to finish what he started in your life.

From my heart to yours, you are so blessed!

Kambua M.

46 comments:

  1. Beautiful & encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing read most of us can relate to.Be blessed God will surely see you through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen............have really been ENCOURAGED by this post. Bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May God continue to encourage you Tabbytha! k

      Delete
  4. I love reading and this is definitely a very beautiful piece and uplifting. I thank the Lord for you Kambua. Remain blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN..that is so revitalizing..may GOD continue enriching you with knoledge of His word..



    ReplyDelete
  6. this particular paragraph is what have been encouraging myself on for last couple of weeks as well of my journey....i know the tunnel seems dark...but for sure with God by my side it will not close on me.......When Daniel was thrown into a den of lions, the presence of God protected him. When the three Hebrew boys were thrown into a fiery furnace, God was there- the fourth man in the fire. When the children of Israel crossed the red sea in a panic, fearing that Pharaoh and his army would destroy them, God the master of the sea caused it to close in on Pharaoh and his entire army. By a miraculous move of God, your enemies can and will be silenced, and destroyed, but only if you keep your heart stayed on him. There is a way of escape for you. The walls are not closing in on you; the ceiling is not caving in on you- it’s caving in on the enemy of your soul. In every situation, the Lamb of God conquers triumphantly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen...you are more than a conqueror dear Rey!!

      Delete
  7. Timely word. May God bless you and keep you Kambua. Quite encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well written and encouraging piece. This truly speaks to us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. God is ever present in our time of need. Even when the enemy comes like a flood the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes He is! Ever-present God...Jehovah Shammah!

      Delete
  10. Kambua arent u a blesing to me?for tha last 5wks have bin going thro alot of pain n tough times in ma life.at some point i was giving up n thout tha Lord has forgot me,but i recalled tha story of Job and prayed for patience as i wait upon tha Lord to act.Now this comes at tha right time,sure He will never forsake me Makebah.Lots of love Kambua.baraka tele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He will never EVER forsake you Mirriam. Don't ever doubt His love for you and His ability to carry you through the darkest storm! k

      Delete
  11. " Keep holding on. Keep pressing on. Keep on believing that the author and finisher of your faith is well able to finish what he started in your life."

    This is just what I truly needed to hear and at the right time as well.
    You see, I have been feeling sorry for myself because I have Ankylosing Spondylitis and I just found out that my father who is in a state away from my own is dying from Alzheimer's. I have not been in touch with my parents in 10 long years because my mother refused to forgive me for taking off to get the medical and mental health care I truly needed that my parents did not provide after my mother forced me to give up both of my children. It has been very hear but I have since then forgiven both of my parents for the things they have done to me. But my health has just recently taken a turn for the worse and I fear I may actually have Cancer as well.

    I am trying to get donations for a plane tickets so I can go to my parents but so far no luck.

    I am praying that I do not die myself before I can go to my father. Please pray for my mother as she is truly a hurting woman yet too proud to get the help she needs.Also, pray for my husband as his Pituitary gland is not working right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Karen,
      You are such a brave soul. I see so much grace in your 'ruins'...a true mark of God's presence in your life. I am praying with you, that you will get to see your parents. I will also pray for your family as a whole. Your so blessed! Your sister from Kenya, k

      Delete
  12. He is Truly the Author and the Finisher of our Faiths.
    GOD BLESS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your comforting words. We don't always know why tragedies and tribulations occur, but you can be sure God is right there, helping us to learn and be strengthened by it so we can help others when they have similar troubles. I recently read another story about finding God in times of crisis: I hope it can also give hope to you: http://goo.gl/Hu2o1B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes there's always purpose in the pain...
      Blessings to you, I'll check out that other post...k

      Delete
  14. These words come from Atlanta and my heart ... God Loves You and so do i

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Received with love & warmth at the heart of Nairobi :)

      Delete
  15. The rising sun was warm and comforting this morning... so was my dream. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings to you...may the sun always shine on you :)

      Delete
  16. Amen im encouraged God bless u my dear love nglo

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are a blessing Kambua. May God lift you to greater heights in his ministry. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Daddy went to God in 2009. It was a long wait to see my daughter Rose but he wouldn't relent. He told God his wish(to see his grandchild from the last daughter) and soon as he blessed her,he took on the journey. 2014 November my sister followed and we don't know who is next. Mam has seen all this and is in good terms with God. Her faith is strong and she teaches us the same. Kambua....be strong

    ReplyDelete

If you were encouraged by this article, kindly consider sharing it!