Monday 1 September 2014

Wait Your Turn

I am continually amazed at how much good news there is on Facebook, twitter, and instagram. Not a day goes by without seeing someone’s fabulous selfies, engagement pictures, wedding pictures...or a celebration of a new born baby, a graduation...or that someone bought a new car, a new house, got a new job...or my boyfriend did this, and my girlfriend did that...and just how everyone is living and loving life! Now you must admit that there are days when all that good news is simply depressing. I wonder to myself sometimes, are people really this happy? All the time? And then I realized that even I have mastered the art of social media glamour and glitz; I have learned to masquerade my feelings even when I feel nothing close to what my pictures and updates reflect.

What a superficial world we live in. How many times have you heard of someone you're acquainted with that has slipped into depression, or committed suicide? And then you log onto their Facebook page, and can’t quite tell what went wrong, because they seemed to have had it all together.

Last year I shared with you the story of Hannah. Can you imagine how hard it was for her to put on a facade while deep down she was hurting due to a deep desire being unmet?
How about Sarah, Abraham’s wife? She was beautiful, but she was also barren. Can you imagine the shame of being married to a man of God as powerful as Abraham and being unable to conceive?
Think about Elijah, who despite being a great prophet and man of faith, battled depression. God had used him in such a powerful way, and yet Elijah wished he would die.
How about the classic story of Job? Losing everything and just about everyone he loved, and on top of that being plagued by serious illness?
What about the Shepherd boy by the name of David- God sent the Prophet Samuel to anoint him as King. But it took sixteen years before the manifestation of that promise. Sixteen years! Can you imagine that?

In a world where everyone seems to be doing just fine, hear me say this: you are not alone. Everyone has their secret pain, a proverbial thorn in the flesh. The pot may look whole on the outside, but only when you fill it with water do you see the cracks it bears. The world is a capricious place, and things often happen that throw us off balance- no one is exempt. You may be reading this whilst having a silent storm, feeling frustrated and very alone because everyone seems to be walking on air, living abundant and meaningful lives. Beloved you must believe and understand that God will fulfill His purpose for your life, and He never fails.


I know how it feels to have a gnawing restlessness and vague dissatisfaction. But I also know how it feels when I surrender all that uncertainty to God. He makes it all worthwhile. You see, God never promised that you’d always walk on water. He never promised that your journey would be easy. But he did promise that when (not if) you go through the fire it will not burn you; and when you go through the waters they will not drown you. God also promises that He will never leave you nor forsake you. Which means that when you feel alone and it seems that no one can relate to your secret pain, you are not alone; God is right there with you.


Wait your turn beloved. After the storm the sun shines. After your pain grace abides. God I pray that when our patience is tested we will rest in you as a trustworthy authority that never fails. I pray that as we wait we will learn even more that your heart beats for, and not against us.
Beloved, I pray that this season will not wreck your view of God, but instead give you a deeper insight of who He truly is. May He grant you the strength to wait your turn.

From my heart to yours,

Kambua M.

113 comments:

  1. k,itz really encouraging.Am trully waiting for God over things upon my life.Thanks kambua,u are a lways a blessing to me.May God continue to bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen kambua thank you for that powerful message it meant a lot love u and imiss you much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome love. I miss you too! Write me sometime :)

      Delete
  3. What a timely word.God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen. Waiting my turn......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen. A very encouraging message, you are surely a vessel of God

    ReplyDelete
  6. Profound.....
    Reminds me of one of my favorite songs
    I don't mind waiting (Juanita's Bynum)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hEiGEfm2uE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that song too! Actually, the whole album :)

      Delete
  7. God Bless You Abundantly Kambua...
    Always uplifting my spirits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, God bless and strengthen you Romans!!

      Delete
  8. wow very insightful

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a timely word.God bless you gal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very encouranging... God Bless you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanx Kambua. Very deep word.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very encouraging.Thanks for the word n be blessed K

    ReplyDelete
  13. A word in time. I am going through a situation I cannot even talk about and on the verge of a breakdown but God sent this in time. I will wait for my turn. Thank you Kambua.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear virtual friend...whatever you're going through, God is willing and able to carry you through. Don't give up. Keep your head up. May He bless you and put a new song in your mouth! Amen.

      Delete
  14. Amen, i am waiting on God to make things beautiful in His time. I know in the end i will be amazed by the reason as to why He is taking me through this season. But i am glad for the tough season because it is enabling me to see that only He is the author of my life story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The tough seasons build our muscle...blessings to you Linda!!

      Delete
  15. Am So blessed may God renew your strength everyday as you continue to encourage others.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing. Very sensible.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's truly from your heart to mine, God never sleeps, never slumbers,never tires from hearing our cries. He strength manifest in our weakness, despite the hardships and roughness of the world, I rest assured of God's love n abundant Grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a faithful God, always watching over us. Rest assured :)

      Delete
  18. Amen!! Thankew for always blessing my soul.....you such a blessed wesome gal..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for taking time to strengthen someone and remind us of God's faithfulness. It does not matter how fierce the storm may look, the sun will shine again. I will never leave you nor forsake you- this is a super promise from the throne of God.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i really enjoy your blog its so uplifting i thank God for you and may he continue blessing you to be come a blessing to others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, it encourages me too :))

      Delete
  21. Good Read , I will wait for my turn . Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very Uplifting Kambua, that after the storm the sun shines and after your pain grace abides.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very Uplifting, that after the storm the sun shines and after your pain grace abides.

    ReplyDelete
  24. i say a big AMEN to this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. AMEN.Am still i know HE is GOD

    ReplyDelete
  26. So timely :) love every bit of those words,uplifting indeed

    http://wairimumurigi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless you! I'll check out your blog too :)

      Delete
  27. That has and will always be a testimony to me for others. I have experienced him in my life and he is always by my side.

    Thanks gal for your encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I needed to read this so much today......very teary. Thanks woman of God, may God continue blessing you....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for the simple but wise words.

    ReplyDelete
  30. AMEN and thank you for the blog. it is very timely

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hebrews 13:5 Be free from the love of money, content with such things as you have, for he has said, "I will in no way leave you, neither will I in any way forsake you." any other voice speaking otherwise is a lie from hell do not believe it folks!

    ReplyDelete
  32. U have spoken my situation...av bn fling lft out by froends who are now leaving thea dreams while I fln my is stagnant. ..The msge jst brough bk hope to my hopless life my God bless u so much Kambua thnx u..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pray for them, for God to bless them even more. It will soon be your time to stand in the sun :))

      Delete
  33. Thank you Kambua for posting this.You told my story straight up(silent storm)..thank you for the encouragement and being blunt with it.I am really blessed by it.May God richly bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen...all glory to God, may He bless you too!

      Delete
  34. A well thought out piece, and very true. Be blessed even as you continue to share your thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  35. A Beautiful piece indeed, I love it. Very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you sso much. I am encouraged. His strength will indeed be made perfect in my weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Amazing and inspiring message.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you for sharing . This is heartfelt and true . If God is for us noone can be against us !

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow! Thanks for the message. It's so encouraging :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks for such an insightful piece Kambua.

    ReplyDelete
  41. A word sooooo timely.....#BlessYouKelitu :):)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thank you Kambua! Very true and uplifting, though I wish people would be more private and stop advertising themselves on social media.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thanks for such an encouraging word. It's so timely. God bless u.

    ReplyDelete
  44. love it. This is exactly what i needed to hear today.

    ReplyDelete
  45. very true, we live in a world where everyone is living perfectly yet in the secrets of our hearts we are hurting. ......but, we're never alone. God is always there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rom:8:28-And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

      Delete
    2. Yes Susan...we're never alone.

      Christine...thank you for sharing that. k

      Delete
  46. awesome, thank you for being so real, and reminding us to return to God........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for allowing me to be :) God bless you!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for the encouragement , you are a blessing to us.

      Delete
  47. So profound...I think thi is the second time reading this!..Thanks Kambua

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow thank you Kambua it 's still timely for me in 2016 and more years to come

    ReplyDelete
  49. I really needed to hear this encouragement.Thank you for this piece. feeling encouraged and refreshed.I am patiently waiting for m turn.I thank God for using you to speak to me during this time when I was feeling confused with all that is happening

    ReplyDelete

If you were encouraged by this article, kindly consider sharing it!