Sunday 23 December 2012

Reflections of a girl on Transit...


So it just happens that I’ve been listening- on repeat if I may add, to the Song Comfort Zone, by Marvin Sapp, and the words that keep echoing in my heart are, “…for to go where I’ve not gone I must do what I’ve not done”. It’s been with a lot of restlessness and maybe a degree of frustration that I finally said to God in prayer, that I’m tired of the mundane; the mediocre; the common. I know for a fact that God created me for more; much, much, more. Over and over I’ve wondered how I got to this point, and I realize that some of it was of my own making, but the bigger part of it is a ‘wake-up call’ from heaven, challenging me to launch out into the deep, and trust that God will honor every step of faith that I take.

Two key things that I have been learning during this very uncomfortable, yet necessary point of transition: First, I need to BELIEVE that every promise that God has spoken over my life will indeed come to pass. And secondly, my belief must be embraced by a very warm blanket of PATIENCE. Isn’t it funny how we hear a word from God, and our human nature expects it to happen ‘instantly’? I realize now that there is a period of time that ought to be allowed between when a promise is given and when the realization of it is manifested. I have absolutely no trouble believing. Matter of fact, I think my child-like faith in many ways is still intact. (Thank God). But that other word? The one that starts with the letter ‘P’? The one that suggests that God will not work on my time but according to His? Oooh that’s a toughie! Especially for a girl like me who embraces anything instant- instant coffee, microwave popcorn, instant noodles, instant…instant! But not so with the ways of God it seems.

God is wise in all His ways. He is not a man that He should lie, nor the son of Man that He should change His mind. If He said it, it will most undoubtedly come to pass. This discomfort and restlessness… is all part of the process. I’m embracing mine and learning everything I can out of it. Truth be told, the sooner you learn, the better.
Take for instance the life of a very fascinating bird, the eagle. After a couple of days of keeping her chicks warm, well-fed and blissfully content, the mother eagle ‘stirs up its nest’, making it unbearable, and uncomfortable for her eaglets to dwell. Using her beak and talons, she takes out the ‘cushions’ (feathers and leaves), and then takes the sticks out of the middle of the nest, placing them straight up with their sharp ends exposed. Not only is it suddenly very chilly in the nest, it is prickly too! And she dismantles the nest with a lot of zeal and determination knowing too well that if she fails to do so, her precious ‘babies’ will never learn how to fly.

In the same way, God will stir up our nests in order to open our eyes to the unfathomable power and potential that is within us. He moves us from the point of having ‘everything worked out’ to a place where we must have ‘crazy faith’ in order for things to happen. Does it mean that He loves us any less? Absolutely not. He is only allowing us to flex our muscles because He knows how much more we can tap into if only the ‘cushions’ are taken away.

It feels like I’ve been ‘pushed out’ of the nest more than once, and I take that to be an indication of something bigger that the Lord wants me to come to the realization of. And until I do, He will continue to push me out and- “ouch”!  It’s a little painful sometimes. As a matter of fact I’ve thrown my own private, pity-parties time and again because I felt that God didn’t care about me anymore. I felt so alone and abandoned. It’s actually very lonely in the deep end. A dear friend the other day reminded me of a kid’s song, “…nobody loves me; everybody hates me, I’m going down the garden to eat worms…” I’m pretty sure that I’m not the only one who has this song playing as the soundtrack to their not-so-cute pity parties! Ha-ha! But these ‘shake ups’ as I like to call them, are just a reminder that He (God) and only He is the wind beneath my wings. God is a father who so jealously loves me, that He will not sit back and watch me become anything less than what He intended. Not only do I desire more for my life, God also expects more of me. He has called me- each and every one of us to greatness. This is not the time to look for another ‘nest’ or another ‘mother-eagle’ to feed you; it is time to fly baby, fly! I can guarantee you this one thing: that God will destroy any nest that you’ve allowed to stunt your growth; it could be a job, a man, a woman- anything that acts as a support system and inevitably cripples you.

...I am a woman of purpose, a woman of vision- seeing things from a far, detecting where God is working and striving to be there. I am undeterred by disappointment and any form of adversity, knowing assuredly that God’s perfect peace will keep me. I choose to believe that my blessings are simmering in heaven, being prepared for the appointed time of God. And as I wait, I continue to guard my expectation, unwaveringly, counting every blessing,

Kambua M.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT KAMBUA. GOD BLESS YOU AMICABLY. YOUR A ROLE MODEL TO MANY. A PUBLIC FIGURE. I LOVE YOU MAMA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful piece right there Kambua.Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will fly..............Thankyou!! Regina

    ReplyDelete

If you were encouraged by this article, kindly consider sharing it!